Rajiv K. Sharma, MD
El Paso Heart Center
3270 Joe Battle Blvd.,
El Paso, TX 79938
- Fellowship: University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- Residency: The Jewish Hospital - Mercy Health, Cincinnati, OH
- Doctor of Medicine (MD): Uniwersytet Medyczny w Lublinie, Lublin, Poland, "Medical University of Lublin"
- Undergraduate: University of Florida, Gainesville
About Dr. Sharma
Dr. Rajiv K. Sharma is a board eligible cardiologist with additional board certification in Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharma originally grew up in Florida and attended the University of Florida as an undergraduate. His medical journey gave him the opportunity to live abroad at the Medical University of Lublin in Poland and ultimately brought him back to the United States where he
completed his cardiovascular disease fellowship at the University of Tennessee Medical Center Knoxville in 2019.
Dr. Sharma practices general as well as invasive non-interventional cardiology. Academically Dr. Sharma has co-authored several manuscripts and in fellowship focused on a patient comfort quality initiative as a co-investigator on a clinical trial. Dr. Sharma believes in a strong patient-physician relationship akin to a being a "team" and a calming approach to the discussion of cardiovascular complaints.
- General cardiology
- Rhythm analysis and management
- Holter monitoring
- Exercise stress testing
- Stress echocardiography
- Nuclear stress testing
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Left and right heart catheterization
- Coronary angiography
- Loop recorder implantation